I was kindly nominated for a Liebster Award by Mariam Tsaturyan.
The Rules are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them (Mariam Tsaturyan)
- Provide 11 facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you
- Choose 11 more questions and nominate 11 more people
11 Facts About Me
- I love to write. I love to write blog posts and I love to write books.
- I am quite well known amongst my friends for my ability to knock things over.
- I was once a deputy fire chief, and then for a few months a fire chief in a volunteer fire brigade. Then I had a baby and had to give up fighting fires for a bit.
- Next year, my husband and I will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary.
- I sing. (And not too badly!)
- I play the flute (fairly badly!)
- Our 18 year old son recently taught me to play Magic the Gathering. I am now working on a sneaky plan to vanquish him when he’s next home from uni.
- I like skiing.
- I used to help one of my uncles break and train camels, and once travelled 600km with eight camels.
- I have the best husband in the world 🙂
- I have a strong personal belief system.
My Answers to the 11 questions set by my nominator!
- If you could do anything, what would your ideal career be? I really want to be a successful author. And an astronaut.
- Have you learned anything new today? I have learnt that sometimes it’s really good to be a listening ear.
- What’s your all time favorite book? This is difficult because I have way too many of them. If I have to narrow it down, I’d say it would have to be ‘The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.’
- How would you define your everyday style? This is a simple one. What style?
If you participate in a survivor challenge, what is one thing that you will take with you to help you out? My leatherman pocket knife, which normally lives in my handbag.
- Do you believe in love at first sight? No.
- If you could have lunch with any person in the world, dead or alive, who would it be? Jesus. Because there are many questions I’d like to ask.
- What is one main goal you have in regards to your blog? Once upon a time it was to promote my books. Now it’s to stand on my soapbox and write about things I’m passionate about. And promote my books 🙂
- What is your choice of perfect relaxation? A good book in a comfy couch.
- Leather pants, yes or no? On me, definitely no. On someone else, perhaps yes.
- What do you see in yourself as your main strength? My main strength is probably my ability to think and then problem solve. I am a thinker, and a person who likes to know stuff, and I enjoy putting the puzzles together to come out with a favourable outcome.
My own questions:
- Do you like cats?
- Where are you from? (Country)
- What book has most inspired you?
- What type of chocolate do you most enjoy?
- Have you ever sat outside and been astounded by the starry sky at night?
- What do you hope to achieve with your blog?
- If you were asked to address your nation about your most passionate cause, what would it be?
- How do you feel about ugg boots?
- Have you ever used ‘Doctor Google’ to self diagnose a medical complaint and ended up thinking you were about to die?
- Is there a style of writing you just can’t get into?
- Write one word that describes you well.
My nominees are: